How can I keep my brace from sliding down?
Proper positioning of the brace and tightening of the upper calf strap in the flexion fold of the back of the knee and the front shin strap. Listed below are the steps to prevent brace migration:
- Sit on the edge of your chair and put your leg at a 45 degree angle.
- The middle of the of the condyle pads should line up with the upper third of your kneecap. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO PUT YOUR BRACE ON A LITTLE TO HIGH THAN TO LOW.
- Tighten the upper calf strap. (This should be tight.)
- Tighten the front shin strap. (This should be tight.)
- Tighten the lower calf strap.
- Tighten the middle thigh strap.
- Tighten the upper thigh strap.