Dr. Zaman was trained in interventional physiatric spine care at the University of Pennsylvania's
Penn Spine Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has authored two chapters in the textbook Interventional Spine, an Algorithmic Approach. He has completed post-graduate work in general surgery at Mercy Catholic Medical Center in Darby, Pennsylvania, and in physical medicine and rehabilitation at East Carolina University / Brody School of Medicine in Greenville, North Carolina, as well as at the University of Utah Health in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Dr. Zaman's clinical focus is to provide unsurpassed spine care to his patients, while dutifully fulfilling a responsibility to enrich the growing field of nonsurgical spine medicine. As an interventional physiatrist, he utilizes various imaging studies, electrodiagnostic evaluations, thorough physical examinations, and targeted X-ray-guided procedures to accurately diagnose and effectively treat painful spinal conditions.
Founder and former elected chairman of Intermountain Healthcare's Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Utah, Dr. Zaman is also a founding member of numerous other medical groups. Dr. Zaman is an attentive interventional physiatrist, passionately dedicated to enriching the growing field of nonsurgical spine medicine through research, clinical duties, and remaining involved on the national and international level academically and administratively. He has been adjunct faculty at both the University of Pennsylvania and The University of Utah.
Devoted to staying active, Dr. Zaman spends his free time playing squash, motorcycling, BMX racing, mountain biking, and skiing. He is also an avid musician and enjoys playing guitar, bass, keyboard, drums, and harmonica.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Colby College, Waterville, ME
- Doctor of Medicine, Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Dutch Caribbean
- General Surgery, Mercy Catholic Medical Center, Darby, PA
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, UT
- Interventional Spine Physiatry, University of Pennsylvania – Penn Spine Center, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation