At North Texas Orthopedics & Spine Center, our fellowship-trained ankle surgeons, Dr. Pat Peters and Dr. Ryan Mulligan, are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of ankle injuries and conditions, including plantar fasciitis, fractures, and bunions. Having undergone extensive training specifically in the foot and ankle, our doctors are dedicated to providing ankle care that is exclusively focused on the patient and their individual needs.
/ Signs You Need an Ankle Doctor's Strength of Experience
If you are suffering from any of the following symptoms, you may have an ankle condition or injury:
- Ankle or foot pain when you are not bearing weight
- Ankle stiffness or weakness
- Limited range of motion of the ankle
- Sudden intense pain
- Swelling in the ankle
Ankle pain, as well as any of the above symptoms, can have a significant impact on your daily life. If you are experiencing any of those symptoms for more than a few days or if your ankle pain worsens, you should schedule an appointment with a surgeon or doctor specializing in the ankle. The ankle surgeon or doctor may diagnose you with one of the following injuries or conditions:
- A form of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sports-related injury
- Tendon injury, such as an Achilles tendon rupture
No matter what your ankle ailment is, our ankle doctors at North Texas Orthopedics & Spine Center have the strength of experience to get you back to the activities you love.
/ Our Foot & Ankle Center Can Help You
The foundation of our Foot & Ankle Center is built upon the knowledge, experience, and expertise of our ankle specialists who have dedicated their practices to diagnosing and treating patients with ankle injuries and conditions, including sprains, fractures, and deformities of the ankle.
When you are seen by one of our specialty-trained ankle experts at the Foot & Ankle Center, you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest level of specialized ankle care. Our ankle experts are committed to continuing their education and actively learning the latest evidence-based surgical and nonsurgical techniques to provide our patients with advanced orthopedic care for the ankle.
After performing an evaluation and running diagnostic tests, such as X-rays, our ankle team will work together to formulate an individualized treatment plan that utilizes nonsurgical treatment options first, such as physical therapy or orthotics. If the conservative treatment options are ineffective at providing relief for your ankle condition or injury, our ankle surgeons will develop a surgical plan that is right for you.
If you need ankle surgery, our ankle surgeons are some of the most highly skilled surgeons and offer a broad range of foot and ankle surgeries. This includes the following surgeries and procedures:
- Achilles tendon reconstruction
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fracture fixation
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle replacement
- Bunion correction surgery
- Ligament repair
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Orthopedic trauma and fracture fixation
- Reconstructive surgery
- Tendon transfer surgery
Learn about conditions and ailments of the ankle, big toe, heel, midfoot, and toes as well as the different treatments available.
Look for the “O” and know you’ll get the benefits of receiving foot and ankle care from specialty-trained orthopedic foot and ankle surgeons.
/ North Texas Orthopedics & Spine Center: The Strength of Experience
We always have been and always will be here to provide our patients with the exceptional, compassionate orthopedic care they need. Using our strength of experience, we will create an individualized treatment plan that keeps you moving and gets you back to the activities you love.
Whether you have an ankle sprain or a fracture, our entire orthopedic practice is here for you—from our ankle specialists and sports medicine doctors to our physician assistants and physical therapists. We will be by your side the whole way and remain there until you no longer need our care.
If you are ready to experience the expertise of our ankle doctors, call us today at (817) 481-2121 or use the button below to request an appointment online. We offer two state-of-the-art facilities—Grapevine and Keller/Alliance.
- Achilles Tendon Injuries
- Ankle Sprains
- Chronic Lateral Ankle Pain
- Fracture of the Heel Bone (Calcaneus)
- Fracture of the Talus
- High Ankle Sprain (Syndesmosis Ligament Injury)
- Jones Fracture
- Lisfranc Injury
- Morton's Neuroma
- MTP Synovitis (Capsulitis)
- Muscle Strain of the Calf (Gastrocnemius / Soleus Strain)
- Navicular Stress Fracture
- Peroneal Tendon Tear
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD)
- Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome (Posterior Tibial Neuralgia)
- Tibial Fractures
- Anesthesia (General)
- Ankle Fracture Surgery
- Arthroscopy of the Ankle
- Bunionectomy (Chevron Bunionectomy)
- Debridement of the Achilles Tendon
- Excision of Mortons Neuromas
- Jones Fracture Fixation (Intramedullary Screw)
- Jones Fracture Fixation (Open Reduction and Internal Fixation)
- Lateral Ankle Ligament Reconstruction (ALR)
- Plantar Fascia Release (Open Technique)
- Surgery for Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Talar Fracture Fixation (Open Reduction and Internal Fixation)