At North Texas Orthopedics & Spine Center, our fellowship-trained spine surgeon, Dr. Michael Briseño, and board-certified pain management specialists, Dr. Christopher Tucker, Dr. Raul Llanos, and Dr. Melissa Murphy, are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of spine injuries and conditions. Our spine and pain specialists have undergone extensive training in both the spine and pain management and are dedicated to providing orthopedic care for the spine that is exclusively focused on the patient and their individual needs.
/ Signs You Need a Spine Doctor's Strength of Experience
If you are suffering from any of the following symptoms, you may have a spine condition or injury:
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness or tingling in your arms or legs
- Pain following heavy lifting
- Pain in your spine that radiates down into the buttocks
- Pins-and-needles sensations
- Unable to twist or turn your torso
Any of the above symptoms can have a significant impact on your daily life. If you are experiencing any of those symptoms for more than a few days or if your back pain or neck pain worsens, you should schedule an appointment with a physiatrist or a spine surgeon. The physiatrist or surgeon may diagnose you with one of the following spine-related injuries or conditions:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Lumbar radiculopathy (sciatica)
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal deformity
- Spinal stenosis
- Sports-related injury
No matter what is causing your back pain or neck pain, our spine surgeon and pain doctors at North Texas Orthopedics & Spine Center have the strength of experience to get you back to the activities you love.
/ Our Spine Center and Pain Management Center Can Help You
Having undergone extensive training specifically in the back, neck, and spine, our specialty-trained experts that staff our Spine Center and Pain Management Center provide our patients with exceptional spine care as well as comprehensive education.
When you visit one of our spine specialists at our Spine Center or Pain Management Center, you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest level of specialized spinal care. Our surgeon and doctors offer our patients access to the latest evidence-based surgical and nonsurgical treatments as well as the most advanced spine surgeries and procedures.
To provide an accurate diagnosis of your spinal problem, our spine doctors will perform an evaluation as well as order tests, such as X-rays. Once the cause of your spinal problem has been diagnosed, our spine doctors will work together to develop an individualized treatment plan that utilizes nonsurgical treatment options first instead of recommending spine surgery. These treatments may include physical therapy, spinal cord stimulation, or injections, such as fluoroscopically guided spinal injections.
If the conservative treatment options are ineffective at providing relief for your back pain or neck pain, our spine surgeon will develop a surgical plan that is right for you.
Our spine surgeon is one of the most highly skilled surgeons and offers a broad range of spine surgeries. This includes the following surgeries and procedures:
- Anterior cervical corpectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical laminoplasty
- Cervical posterior foraminotomy
- Lumbar disc microsurgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Revision spine surgery
- Spinal fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
/ North Texas Orthopedics & Spine Center: The Strength of Experience
We always have been and always will be here to provide our patients with the exceptional, compassionate orthopedic care they need. Using our strength of experience, we will create an individualized treatment plan that keeps you moving and gets you back to the activities you love.
Whether you have a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, or you need spine surgery, our entire orthopedic practice is here for you—from our spine specialists and sports medicine doctors to our physician assistants and physical therapists. We will be by your side the whole way and remain there until you no longer need our care.
If you are ready to experience the expertise of our spine specialists, call us today at (817) 481-2121 or use the button below to request an appointment online. We offer two state-of-the-art facilities—Grapevine and Keller/Alliance.
- ALIF: Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Artificial Disc Replacement (in the Lumbar Spine)
- Cervical Facet Radiofrequency Neurotomy
- Cervical Laminaplasty (Cervical Laminoplasty)
- Cervical Posterior Foraminotomy
- Discography (Lumbar)
- Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI) in the Cervical Spine
- Facet Joint Injections
- Hip Joint Injection
- Kyphoplasty (Balloon Vertebroplasty)
- Laminectomy (Cervical Spine, With Fusion)
- Lumbar Disc Microsurgery
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
- Lumbar Interbody Fusion (IBF; LIF)
- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
- Medial Branch Block
- Radiofrequency Neurotomy of the Cervical Facets
- Radiofrequency Neurotomy of the Lumbar Facets
- Sacroiliac Joint Steroid Injection
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant
- Spinal Fusion (Lumbar)
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Total Disc Replacement: Synthes® Prodisc-C
- XLIF® Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion